Monday, August 29, 2011

Michele Bachmann: The Colonel Sanders of Iowa Fried Bullshit.

Caption Not Required

Horrifyingly stupid and misinformed, Michele Bachmann has lately become a prevalent character in my nightmares. Not because of her diarrhea-brains -- a time-share on which she presumably owns with Sarah Palin -- but something far more sinister. Stupidity, though it galls me, I can handle. Palin may have made me pretty uneasy at times, as do most blithering Bumpit-wearing hockey moms in a place of power, but in the end she just became a parody of herself. (A special thanks to Tina Fey for speeding that one up.) When we said "gee, it sure does freak me out that Sarah Palin could become president," at least most of us were half-joking.

"Shakespeare liked to coin new words too, derp."

No no. What scares me the most about Bachmann is her terrifying ability to stay afloat among a sufficiently large following of mouthbreathing lemming-people who I imagine are as prejudiced, idiotic, startlingly oblivious and staggeringly disrespectful as their beloved Queen Bushpig. Even considering her usage of the amply buoyant fart-gas surrounding her brain as a flotation device, it still shocks me. Perhaps it shouldn't, given the all-too-familiar phenomenon of mob mentality we seem to have adopted as a nation. But I suppose I haven't been adequately desensitized yet.

The scary thing about Bachmann is that she possesses a certain degree of coherence that Palin never did; Bachmann -- even with her nightmarish values, opinions, and tragic historical misfires reminiscent of a poorly-studied-for high school history exam's answer sheet -- does not come off as a raving lunatic in her delivery... only in her content. Which, unfortunately, is just not quite ridiculous enough for the American public to shit-can without trepidation.

"NOT ALL CULTURES ARE EQUAL!"

In a nation with a voracious appetite for instant gratification, Michele Bachmann 2012 is an alarmingly feasible notion.

Which brings me to my original point: laughing at her, albeit mostly in horror.


The best part is probably Keith Olbermann's reaction... not to mention his impeccable logic.

Go here for my source of the video (which is number 3 on the list). I encourage you to watch the rest of them as well.

2 comments:

  1. Nataliza, I meant simply to send a message that said something like "I like what you say on the WWU forums!" but since I can't seem to figure out how to send you a message, this will have to do.

    I like what you say!

    ReplyDelete